Friday 14 September 2012

I wanna take you to the island

Hoo boy, do I have a lot to tell you?
Yes, yes I do.
I can now cross quite a bit off my Australian Bucket list. I saw Koalas:
Hush time, little munchkin.
Wallabies:
Upon seeing it, I was heard to cry "That rabbit's huge!"
A peregrine falcon
Yeah, I'm the fastest animal on earth. What of it?
And a platypus
Which I sadly didn’t manage to photograph (thing was bloody quick).
All of them were in the wild. Not behind bars or nothing.
I also saw a raft (collective noun for the win) of penguins, and sadly photography was forbidden, but I’m such a naughty little thing:
What other animal could pull off that scarf?
Just kidding. But I totally did get a picture of some other fairy penguins:
Four men died smuggling this out.
I also cracked a whip:
Whips and chains fail to excite him.
Saw a sheep shearing:
Milked a cow:

As you can see, I'm pretty experienced with a teat.
And watched a dog herding turkeys:
True Australiana, right there.
I really liked Phillip Island; there was lots to do, it was pretty and easy to traverse, and there was even a nightclub which played music that I liked. I didn't even get to do all there was to do there: I didn't visit the chocolate factory or go on the seal cruise. You can also take helicopter joy rides, and there's twenty percent off until the end of September, so I may be making a return sooner than expected. 

2 comments: